I've been thinking that I'm going to make some of Ariella's baby food. I'm starting her with avocado tonight (since it's a baby super food), so it will be interesting to see how that goes. I'm going to peel it and stick it in the blender with some water to thin it a bit. Then, I bought these freezer tray/container things. So, I'm going to portion it out into that. I'll keep one out for use right then. I'll put a 2nd container in the refrigerator, and I'll put the rest in the freezer.
Speaking of the container things, I went to Babies R Us yesterday to stock up on some feeding supplies (plus I had coupons to use). I wound up getting the freezer container set, an extra pack of baby spoons, new 6 month sized pacifiers, a teether that brushes her teeth while she chews on it, and quite a bit of baby food. I was thinking that I had bought all organic, but as it turns out, some of it wasn't. Oh well. The avocado I bought wasn't organic. I guess I'll buy organic where I can and won't worry about it if I feed her some non-organic things.
In terms of baby food, I got this 16 pack of organic Earth's Best Pears for 20% off of an already cheap $3.99! The caveat is that they expire Oct 20th. So, Ariella will start pears as her next food on Friday or Saturday. I'm thinking that maybe I'll mix her oatmeal with the pears (once she's tried it on its own and likes it). I figure she'll only eat maybe 1/4 of a jar per serving at first, so she'll have to eat pears almost every day for me to use them up in the 2 months. (Ok, so maybe I didn't think that through very well.)
In addition to the pears, I bought Gerber foods, too - organic carrots, organic sweet potatoes, organic green beans. And, then I got mangos and something else (both non-organic - boo). With all this, Ariella has enough food to last her a loooong time. Plus, I want to do yogurt soon, so I'll have to get that (Ooh! I'll bet she might like the pears with the yogurt). All of the food was "2nd stage" food. Granted, she's just starting with solids, but she's 6 months old, so I figure that the 2nd stage food will work. It's just that the 2nd stage food has so much more quantity than the 1st stage foods, so it's less expensive. Hopefully this logic won't backfire on me. I guess if it's too thick, I can always just add some water.
So, I'm very excited! I hope the avocado turns out good. I have essentially no experience with preparing avocado, so wish me luck tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've heard that you only need to start with 1st stage food if you start solids at 4 months and 2nd stage is just right for 6 month olds!
ReplyDeletePerfect! Thanks!
ReplyDelete